Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating.

Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating. I think my first thought was, "What does that mean?" You ask your doctor and he says just avoid that food. It's just a skin test. They aren't entirely accurate.

I am going to attempt to give you ideas and recipes on how to avoid corn. It can be quite the challenge.

Sorry that my blog is evolving into a little bit of everything in life.



Thursday, September 9, 2010

How does an ingredient get removed during manufacturing?

I was wandering around http://www.cornallergyadvocate.com/ when I came across this article about Amy's Macaroni and Cheese.  I had to share my comment!

Love your site! I am laughing about your Amy’s article. I just can’t help it. It seems every company has the same reponse.
“If some corn ingredient was used somewhere in the processing
of an ingredient and it was not labeled, it is because the
use level is very low (considered incidental) and could have
been removed during the manufacture of the ingredient.”

I can’t even imagine how an ingredient could even possibly jump out of a boiling pan of water! Or how when I baked the cake the fruit in it disappeared. Perhaps their comment is beyond my knowledge. Some how I don’t think so, because when I ingest your product I get a reaction.

No comments:

Popular Posts