Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating.

Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating. I think my first thought was, "What does that mean?" You ask your doctor and he says just avoid that food. It's just a skin test. They aren't entirely accurate.

I am going to attempt to give you ideas and recipes on how to avoid corn. It can be quite the challenge.

Sorry that my blog is evolving into a little bit of everything in life.



Monday, July 15, 2013

Green Bean Harvest

My husband was dissatisfied with the pole beans we grew last year, so he's planted 3 - 25 foot rows this year. 


There's weeds!  You do what u can do, when u work too. Plus we have had excessive rain the year. 

Here's last weekends harvest, and there will more this coming weekend. 
Blanched and froze 5 pints snap beans and 4 pints french cut beans
Here's how I french cut beans. You can find this rotary cutter or a hand cutter on Amazon. 
Canned 16 pints
My tall pressure canner holds 16 pints. 

No comments:

Popular Posts