Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating.

Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating. I think my first thought was, "What does that mean?" You ask your doctor and he says just avoid that food. It's just a skin test. They aren't entirely accurate.

I am going to attempt to give you ideas and recipes on how to avoid corn. It can be quite the challenge.

Sorry that my blog is evolving into a little bit of everything in life.



Saturday, December 1, 2012

Corn Free Baking Powder

There is corn starch in traditional baking powder, and beside I think they charge to much.  Here's my recipe.

I use Arm & Hammer baking soda. When I was first starting with this I used vinegar as my acid. I am now using Mc Cormick or Frontier cream of tartar. 1 tsp baking powder is basically 1/4 teaspoon baking soda to 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar. If you are using vinegar instead add about 1 teaspoon and just stir in at the end of the recipe. I found I needed to add a bit of sugar to counter the vinegar.

No comments:

Popular Posts