Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating.

Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating. I think my first thought was, "What does that mean?" You ask your doctor and he says just avoid that food. It's just a skin test. They aren't entirely accurate.

I am going to attempt to give you ideas and recipes on how to avoid corn. It can be quite the challenge.

Sorry that my blog is evolving into a little bit of everything in life.



Thursday, January 19, 2012

Butternut Squash Soup

2 small butternut squash peeled, seeded, and chopped3 small apples peeled and chopped

Place in crockpot add 2 cups liquid (chicken broth, or water, and/or Lakewood Organic Apple Juice).  Add sauted sweet onion and garlic.  Cook 8 hours on low.  Puree with hand blender or process in food processor a batch at a time.  Add more apple juice as needed.  Salt and pepper to taste.

Liquid ideas:  I had left over chicken broth from a chicken I had roasted a couple days before. I also freeze vegetable water in ice cube trays, which I could have used for the liquid.  I save a lot of my broths in ice cube trays.  I have a few gallon size bags in my freeze with broth cubes in them.

No comments:

Popular Posts