Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating.

Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating. I think my first thought was, "What does that mean?" You ask your doctor and he says just avoid that food. It's just a skin test. They aren't entirely accurate.

I am going to attempt to give you ideas and recipes on how to avoid corn. It can be quite the challenge.

Sorry that my blog is evolving into a little bit of everything in life.



Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Yes I get paranoid about food and ingredients!

It's just not fun getting into something that’s going to make you feel yucky for even a few minutes, hours, or to feel bad for days, or to have to go to the hospital! The hospital cost money! If you use your Epi-pen that cost money too and if you use it you also have the hospital bill too. I hate the paranoid scared feeling. You can't exactly explain it to your family, friends, or co-workers, if you’re lucky like me your spouse eventually understands. The other day I got a prescription refill and it was different. I had to call the pharmacist. He got on the phone and he called me by my first name. I told him it didn't say shake well, like the last one, but I had shaken it. It tasted different. He reassured me it was ok, and apologized for it not saying to shake it. I think that's bad. Yes I get very paranoid especially when it has ingredients that I can't see, or know, or understand. I don’t always know what my reaction will be like and I just don't want to be sick. It just doesn’t work for me.

No comments:

Popular Posts