Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating.

Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating. I think my first thought was, "What does that mean?" You ask your doctor and he says just avoid that food. It's just a skin test. They aren't entirely accurate.

I am going to attempt to give you ideas and recipes on how to avoid corn. It can be quite the challenge.

Sorry that my blog is evolving into a little bit of everything in life.



Saturday, September 11, 2010

Doctors don't always know corn derivatives

When you go to the DR they are suppose to fix you, so you can go on like every one else! Yes this sucks! :-)
I hate hearing the commercials about the new beverage: creamy, double, mocha, latte, split, icy, grande, fruit, smoothe, expresso, ice cream, iced coffee, dream! Yeah it's in our dreams! What the heck! I haven't had a commercially made food it 20 years. You can ask my kids! I make everything from scratch: bread, pancakes, waffles, crepes, cakes, cookies. Haven't been able to eat anything with whey or milk in 20 years. No bakery or milk items. Now I think the lactose intolerance has been corn related. Perhaps I can make real ice cream after 20 years. I resently have been able to tolerate real butter in small quantities. We'll see.
I can't be a food taste tester!

No comments:

Popular Posts