Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating.

Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating. I think my first thought was, "What does that mean?" You ask your doctor and he says just avoid that food. It's just a skin test. They aren't entirely accurate.

I am going to attempt to give you ideas and recipes on how to avoid corn. It can be quite the challenge.

Sorry that my blog is evolving into a little bit of everything in life.



Friday, April 20, 2012

Chicken and Duck Update

The Cornish Cross Meat birds at 4 weeks.  At least I think its 4 weeks.  We bought 6 of them from Tractor Supply.  This is a trial run.  At 2 weeks I had problems with 3 of them not being able to stand.  I cut back their food.  They get just enough to fill their gullets in the AM, and PM.  They general eat for 10 minutes.  I watch and adjust the amount of food as needed.  Generally I watch their gullets and give them just enough.  At noon I give them a bit more.  This approach has been working great for a small flock of 6.  Don't know if we'll try for the large 25 flock.  I am feeling better about them than I did 2 weeks ago.  So we generally have 2 to 5 weeks for processing.   We are just going to keep this up until they look like they have had enough of life.  They cannot sustain life due do to the amount of body growth.  They get to large to stand any length of time. 





This is their cage in the garage.  It is getting ready for its daily cleaning while they go swimming.  There's a video at the bottom of the page of them swimming.

You can see my dog is very curious of the ducks.

We are going to put in a temporary fence post cage this weekend out back for them.

Mallards went swimming yesterday

No comments:

Popular Posts