Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating.

Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating. I think my first thought was, "What does that mean?" You ask your doctor and he says just avoid that food. It's just a skin test. They aren't entirely accurate.

I am going to attempt to give you ideas and recipes on how to avoid corn. It can be quite the challenge.

Sorry that my blog is evolving into a little bit of everything in life.



Sunday, September 11, 2011

Beef with vegetables

Start by cooking 1 cup of whole millet.  Brown 1 cup of whole millet in a bit of palm shortening, add 2 cups water, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes.  I just leave it in the pan until ready to eat.

Slice cube steaks (about 1 lb) into 1 inch cubes.  toss with millet flour, or flour of your choice
Chop 2 cups of vegetables of your choice, I had okra, zucchini, green beans
1 sliced bell pepper and sweet onion.
1/4 chopped fresh spices basil, rosemary, thyme, and oregano
3 chopped cayenne peppers
Salt and pepper to taste

Fry all vegetables including onions 1/2 of the spices in palm shortening until almost done.  Fry the meat with the other 1/2 of the spices until crispy brown.  Add the vegetables back to the meat and fry a bit more to mix together.  Serve on top of cooked whole millet.

Note:  everything came from my garden except the millet, and sweet onion.

1 comment:

kristyreal said...

That sounds awesome.....my mouth is watering.

Popular Posts