Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating.

Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating. I think my first thought was, "What does that mean?" You ask your doctor and he says just avoid that food. It's just a skin test. They aren't entirely accurate.

I am going to attempt to give you ideas and recipes on how to avoid corn. It can be quite the challenge.

Sorry that my blog is evolving into a little bit of everything in life.



Friday, March 30, 2012

Eating my ducks? Yes!

I just wanted to encourage others to think about raising your own food. I have chickens for eggs, and roosters are meat. We currently have a rooster called "Crockpot". DH named him. :-)

We got 4 mallard ducks, and 6 Cornish cross meat chickens. I think anyone could raise a few meat chickens even in town because you process them at 6 - 10 weeks. By the time the neighbors complain, they will be gone. :-) Here are my postings.


I have been teased about the ducks. I think they are really cute, but I keep reminding myself food is hard to come by when you’re allergic to corn. I don't want more pets. I don't want to take care of them over freezing winter. I want meat. So they fly, and I will have to clip their wings or they will fly into my neighbor’s yard. If you know me, you will know that I already have problems with my neighbor, so I am guessing that she will call on my ducks a couple of times over the summer. It might be an interesting summer. I don't think that I can get into trouble because I can't control my birds. The home owner would have to sue me and for what? I am a responsible owner. I will know if they go over the fence. Nevertheless, I have seen their exterminator sprinkling mouse poison around their inter-fence; therefore I will be sure if my ducks go over the fence I will get quick control over them. I have been working with them every day this week to get them to know me. I am sure I will have my food following me around my yard before times up. :-)

I posted this to delphi 3/29/2012: http://forums.delphiforums.com/avoidingcorn/messages?msg=11873.1

No comments:

Popular Posts