Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating.

Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating. I think my first thought was, "What does that mean?" You ask your doctor and he says just avoid that food. It's just a skin test. They aren't entirely accurate.

I am going to attempt to give you ideas and recipes on how to avoid corn. It can be quite the challenge.

Sorry that my blog is evolving into a little bit of everything in life.



Friday, February 3, 2012

My Chickens

Here's a pic of my araucana's which lay green eggs, and the feather headed polish. 

My eggs top row large blue green araucana eggs, white medium eggs on the bottom are the polish eggs.  The polish do lay smaller eggs.  I'm partial to polish chickens.  Its fun watching them run around with their heads bobbing.  I think the wind sometimes catches their heads and tosses them around too.  Poor cute things. 

3 comments:

Glenda said...

Pretty chickens, Michelle; pretty eggs, too!

What kind of predators do y'all have to watch for? So far, all we've dealt with are roaming neighborhood cats ;-) but that's only when the pullets are out of the pen and in the garden area.

Michelle Smith said...

I live in the country with a lot of predators. Dogs, raccoons and everything else you can think of. The chicken pen has wire buried a foot deep all the way around the pen. With welded wire over the top of the chicken wire. Where we lived before we had a dog get into the pen an d them we had another something that would get in at them as well. We are hoping it's fortified.

Your chickens look old enough that the cats won't bother them. I've seen it a bunch of times once a cat gives chase the chicken flaps it's wings and that alone has scared my cats away.

Glenda said...

My hubby buried the chicken-wire around the pen, too.

Heh. It's been months since we've seen a cat in the backyard. I didn't even think about the fact the chickens are so much bigger now! I can see how they'd be intimidating once they started flapping their wings. Even with their wings clipped, they still expand out a ways.

Popular Posts