Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating.

Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating. I think my first thought was, "What does that mean?" You ask your doctor and he says just avoid that food. It's just a skin test. They aren't entirely accurate.

I am going to attempt to give you ideas and recipes on how to avoid corn. It can be quite the challenge.

Sorry that my blog is evolving into a little bit of everything in life.



Monday, November 21, 2011

Forks Over Knives

Must see movie: http://www.forksoverknives.com/ You can watch it on netflix.

Glad I am corn allergic. I don't believe I will have the cancer or other problems eating western foods.  My family has had heart problems.  I miss my Grandpa.   He had heart disease that was 15 years ago.  I didn't know what heart disease was.  I didn't know what diabetes was.  I am (glad isn't the word) fortunate that I can learn about many topics on the internet.  I would like to learn how to explain my knowledge so others would understand and want to make a change in for themselves. 

Many of you know my mom is pre-diabetic. I am hoping I can get her to watch this movie.

Its 2011. I found out I was corn allergic in 2005. I am now 45. In 2009 I was put on a diuretic for blood pressure. My low number was in the 90s. For those of you that don't know, if your low pressure is in the 90s, thats very, very bad. In July 2010 I had to full succumb to my corn allergy. I couldn't find food, and didn't realize what I was truely allergic to, therefore like a lot of you reading this I could only eat what I could find that wasn't corn-contaminated. I am not eating flour.   I am eating mostly whole foods.  Quinoa, Whole Millet, and Sweet Potates are my main starch. 

So according to this movie Forks Over Knives we should eat mostly a plant based diet.  My mom has been told not to eat beans.  They are high in starch, which I just learned in the last year is not good for diabetics according to my mom in Atlanta.  If you take out other proteins, according to this movie, aren't legumes ok?

No comments:

Popular Posts