Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating.

Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating. I think my first thought was, "What does that mean?" You ask your doctor and he says just avoid that food. It's just a skin test. They aren't entirely accurate.

I am going to attempt to give you ideas and recipes on how to avoid corn. It can be quite the challenge.

Sorry that my blog is evolving into a little bit of everything in life.



Tuesday, October 18, 2011

October Update

I feel I got a reaction from the 7 oz Kerrygold dubliner yesterday.  Expiration 2/8/12.  I emailed the company today to find out if they changed anything.

My garden is growing.  I should post a picture.  The last 2 months I planted lettuce, mustard/spinach, spinach, radishes, turnips, onions, garlic, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, and cauliflower.  The mustard/spinach is surprisingly great, and it grows pretty fast too!  I tried it both cooked and in a salad.  I have been able to start picking the spinach and lettuce.  I have been having great salads again.  I was thinking that will only be in the spring and fall.  I tried planting some lettuce in August, but it bolted because it was to hot.

Today its 80 and tomorrow the high will be in the 50s.  I bet I'll be turning on the heater for the first time since spring.  Tomorrow might be a good day to clean the oven.  I like to wait until its cooler to run the cleaning cycle. 

Hopefully it won't freeze to early this year so I can get more out of the garden.  I am afraid that it will freeze early and hard this year, we've had an abundance of wooly worms.  People are telling me that if there are a lot of wooly worms it means we will have a hard winter.  I guess we'll wait and see.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh no! I love the dubliner cheese!

Popular Posts