Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating.

Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating. I think my first thought was, "What does that mean?" You ask your doctor and he says just avoid that food. It's just a skin test. They aren't entirely accurate.

I am going to attempt to give you ideas and recipes on how to avoid corn. It can be quite the challenge.

Sorry that my blog is evolving into a little bit of everything in life.



Monday, October 10, 2011

Apples!!!!

I was turned onto a place here in East TN that has apples!  $18 / Bushel  Awesome price.  Carver's Apples Cosby, TN.  I bought a bushel of red delicious, another bushel of Jonathan's, 1/2 peck of pink lady's, and another 1/2 peck of carousels.  So far I've used a bushel making 12 pints of applesauce, and 15 pints of apple butter.  I have also dried a 20 red delisicous; sweet and very good eating!

So this morning I made buckwheat pancakes with chopped pink lady apples topped with apple butter!!!

No comments:

Popular Posts