Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating.

Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating. I think my first thought was, "What does that mean?" You ask your doctor and he says just avoid that food. It's just a skin test. They aren't entirely accurate.

I am going to attempt to give you ideas and recipes on how to avoid corn. It can be quite the challenge.

Sorry that my blog is evolving into a little bit of everything in life.



Monday, August 29, 2011

Weekend Get Away

DH took the top off the Jeep and we drove through Pigeon Forge to the Smoky Mountains.  The traffic wasn't too bad.  We stopped at the first visitor's center.  They had a great bat exhibit.  The bats are getting some kind of white nose disease.  I ask a ranger about it.  I am concerned because I want to put up a bat house this winter.  I didn't know if I need to be concerned about this disease.  Apparently they have only found it in one cave.  Good to know.  Can't wait until we build our bat house.  I have already printed out several instructions off the web.  Bats are great to keep down bugs, but I understand they also like fruit.  We'll see how that will go with my fruit trees.  Eek!  :-) 

We drove right out of the visitor's center, and continued down the road.  Next thing we knew we came to a town.  We looked at the map then and found that we had driven west the wrong way!  We found a road back to Pigeon Forge and called it a day.  DH has a few extra days next weekend, so perhaps we'll go back and try again to go South into the Smoky Mountians.  :-)  We had a great day.  Sunday was the same.  We took a ride around Cherokee Lake looking for campgrounds.  Found one that we can camp right near the water, so we'll be able to keep the boat in the water.  Might go next weekend.  I will have to plan some meals.  :-)

No comments:

Popular Posts