Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating.

Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating. I think my first thought was, "What does that mean?" You ask your doctor and he says just avoid that food. It's just a skin test. They aren't entirely accurate.

I am going to attempt to give you ideas and recipes on how to avoid corn. It can be quite the challenge.

Sorry that my blog is evolving into a little bit of everything in life.



Friday, June 3, 2011

Millet with lemon thyme, and rosemary

I tried something new with millet last night.  I have to change my technique.  I have been cooking my millet in large batches and freezing the extra.  Last night I tried frying some but it just stuck to my stainless steel pan.  So next time I think I will fry my ingredients and then put the millet in to cook.

Millet with lemon thyme, and rosemary recipe:
Brown 1 cup millet in large tablespoon palm shortening.  I like my mine browned to almost burnt.
In a separate pan brown 1/2 - 1 cup of onion, and 2 minced garlic
Add to browned millet:
Sprig of lemon thyme, and rosemary about 1 - 1/2 tsp together chopped.
onion and garlic
1 cup chopped broccoli or any other favorite vegetable
1 tsp salt
2 cups water
Bring to a boil and simmer 30 minutes.

Lunch the next day
Heated up the millet with 2 sliced chicken hot dogs and topped with shredded cheese and fresh onion

1 comment:

kristyreal said...

That sounds fantastic. You know that's my kind of dish with the onion in it. haha I'll be trying this with quinoa because I can't get millet here.

Popular Posts