Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating.

Finding out you have a food allergy can be devastating. I think my first thought was, "What does that mean?" You ask your doctor and he says just avoid that food. It's just a skin test. They aren't entirely accurate.

I am going to attempt to give you ideas and recipes on how to avoid corn. It can be quite the challenge.

Sorry that my blog is evolving into a little bit of everything in life.



Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Garden update - Frost May 4th!

My garden is doing well, but we may get frost tonight!  What the heck?  Last day of frost for my area is April 15th.  Its May 4th!  The bell peppers are just now starting to flower after being frosted a month ago.  I put in watermelon and cantaloupe last weekend.  I guess I am going to have to cover the tomatoes, potatoes, strawberries, bell peppers, watermelon, cantaloupe, zucchini, cucumbers, and the green beans, which are just coming up, ugh!

Update May 5th, 2011:  It frosted.  The grass was crunchy, and there was frost on the top of my car.  I am going to take the covers off the garden at 9 am, since the frost advisory went until 9 am. 

No comments:

Popular Posts